During the closed autumn season of 2018, major refurbishment works have been carried
out to reinstate the boundary ditches, the support boarding and the surrounding areas
which have now been paved. The work was carried out with the substantial financial
support of the Biffa Award scheme. The works were finally completed in December 2018.
See the link opposite to the video describing the works that have been undertaken.
Our 80th birthday
In 2017 our club celebrates its 80th year of continuous playing activity. The club
was founded in 1937 and was initially located in the centre of the village in what
is now the Co-op car park. It moved to its current site in 1937 when the present
club was formed. Its playing area gradually increased as time went by and more land
became available. The clubhouse accommodation was rudimentary at first but a purpose
built clubhouse was built in 1980. For further details see our Club History page.
On 9th Sept a Bowls Drive day was enjoyed and a buffet lunch followed with the cutting
of our birthday cake!